- Entertainment – Identify comedy acts appropriate for the fundraiser, present options and costs to the larger committee. Negotiate the contract and get it signed. Coordinate with the venue subcommittee and comedy act concerning lighting, sound and other requirements for their engagement. Host the comedy act team at the event. Time frame for comedy act booking: September-November 2018.
- Venue – Scout possible Evanston locations, present options and costs to the larger committee. Take responsibility for event set up – including lighting and sound for the comedy act, seating, tables if any, caterer needs – and for event take down and clean up. Time frame for venue selection: September-November 2018.
- Sponsorships – Develop list of potential corporate and individual sponsors, contact and follow up. Work with IAE board and delegates. Time frame: January-March 2019.
- Publicity – Get the word out about the event via all channels – IAE website, social media, posters, local news media placement, IAE newsblasts. Time frame: February-April 2019.
- Invitations/ticketing/guest list – Create and send invitations via mail and email. Set up online ticketing in Network for Good (very user friendly) and coordinate offline ticketing with IAE office staff. Compile the guest list and manage guest check-in at the event. Time frame: February-April 2019.
- Food and beverages – Determine types of foods/beverages to serve, seek donations/discounts from local restaurants, food trucks, caterers, breweries and stores in exchange for advertising at the event. Coordinate with venue subcommittee. Time frame: January-April 2019.
- Event fundraising – Determine the best method for soliciting donations at the event. Identify someone to lead the fundraising segment. Coordinate payment acceptance. Time frame: February-April 2019.
Contact Joan Sherman
IAE Spring Fundraiser Chair